Don't let Congress Undermine Our Online Privacy

Paley rabbit

Records of your online activity reveal a tremendous amount about you. While that kind of data is currently protected by federal rules, some members of Congress are trying to repeal those rules. They want your broadband provider to be able to sell your sensitive Internet activity records to the highest bidder.

The FCC put in place critical broadband privacy protection rules late last year to protect your right to privacy online. Now, some members of Congress are looking to completely erase those rules. Even worse: The method they would use -- passing a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution to repeal the rules -- would ban the FCC from ever writing similar privacy rules.

And, because of the current legal landscape, the Federal Trade Commission is already barred from policing Internet service providers. So if Congress repeals the rules, there will be no clear federal cop on the beat for the privacy of your Internet connection.

Call your representatives in Congress and tell them to oppose the CRA resolution to repeal the FCC's privacy rules.


Take Action

Before You Call

This action will guide you through calling your representatives. You will likely either talk to a congressional staff member or be asked to leave a message. You might be asked your name and/or your zip code or address, so have those handy. Press star at the end of the call.

What to say

I'm your constituent, and I urge you to oppose the CRA resolution to kill the FCC's privacy rules.

Enter your phone number below and we'll connect you (US numbers only).

Uses Smarty Streets' and Twilio's APIs ( why? Our "Call Your Representatives" tool uses Smarty Streets' API to look up your congressional district in order to identify your representatives.
We also uses Twilio's phone API to call and connect you.
). Click here for more information about Twilio's data collection.
If you prefer not to use our call tool, click here.

Our call tool requires javascript.

If your browser doesn't support javascript or you prefer not to enable javascript on this site, you can find your legislator's contact forms via the House and Senate websites.